Welcome To The Spruce Grove City Centre Revitalization Initiative
The Spruce Grove City Centre Revitalization Steering Committee, working with the City of Spruce Grove is excited to engage the community and City Centre businesses and property owners to reinvigorate, redefine and reactivate Spruce Grove’s City Centre as the beating heart of the community; a place where residents and visitors can gather for family friendly events and activities while rediscovering the virtues of shopping local.
The mission of the Spruce Grove City Centre Business Improvement Association is:
To promote, stimulate and reinvigorate Spruce Grove’s City Centre as the civic, cultural and social heart of the community through design, programming and uniting of public and private sector businesses and activities.
Spruce Grove’s City Centre will be:
A welcoming, family-friendly City Centre brimming with year-round activity, festivals, events, shopping, dining and inviting green, open and public spaces with revitalized buildings and enhanced storefronts in a walkable environment. The City Centre will be a place where people of all ages come to shop, dine work, live, socialize, interact and participate in a variety of community, arts and cultural experiences.
A cohesive community identity and civic engagement will result in a place where people will stroll along well-lit sidewalks alive with residents and visitors, young and old enjoying public art, outdoor dining, open businesses and regular events staged in and around the City Centre.
The City Centre vision includes thoughtful involvement by the community, businesses and civic leaders with a common and purposeful direction. Public investment will redevelop the streetscape and public green spaces to promote walkability and connectivity, while private investment will be aided by grants, incentives to restore and improve facades of street oriented buildings.
By fostering growth, promoting a sense of community, civic pride and improving the image, Spruce Grove’s City Centre will be an attractive location for investors, property owners, business owners and residents and be rediscovered a local and regional gathering point for visitors.
To successfully work towards a common vision, the following goals have been drafted:
- Build effective partnerships with businesses, property owners and municipal government;
- Identify a distinct character, brand and identity/theme;
- Attract, retain and promote quality businesses and retail operators to support the local economy and improve the overall retail tenant mix;
- Remove barriers to private investment;
- Promote appropriate infill development;
- Invest in the existing building stock;
- Establish beautiful spaces including but not limited to civic spaces, streets, sidewalks, lighting, green spaces, amenity areas;
- Create consistent signage and design guidelines for public and private realm improvements;
- Establish a compact, vibrant and pedestrian-oriented city centre with a mix of uses.
From January 4th to the 13th, the City Centre Revitalization Steering Committee will be approaching businesses within the Proposed BRZ Boundary to ask for their support to create a Business Revitalization Zone.
For more information, please view the following links: